This award honors a School of Nursing graduate who shows unwavering commitment to the nursing profession through the following:
- They serve as a role-model and demonstrate a commitment to the use of evidence-based practices and the ongoing education of their colleagues.
How do they demonstrate a commitment to informal leadership? How do they create and support new “best practices,” in their areas?
- They demonstrate clinical competence, a spirit of innovation, and maintain the clinical excellence of their unit and beyond.
Do they serve on committees (internal or external), pursue certifications, work on advancing their education (formally or informally), or other activities?
- They demonstrate a commitment to improving patient outcomes and safety.
How are they an agent of change and an advocate for patients?
Ways to achieve the innovation should include at least one and preferably two of the following:
- educational interventions,
- programmatic changes,
- a product/device,
- a business,
- a detailed process,
- a service, or
- a new collaboration, or methodology
School of Nursing Alumni with direct patient or client interaction