Purpose of the Zeta awards
The awards reflect STTI Zeta chapter’s commitment to supporting members who seek to support STTI’s mission. These grants are intended to cover project related costs; investigators cannot be paid directly for project activities.
- The applicant is currently a member of Sigma Theta Tau, International and the Zeta chapter.
- The study or project addresses a significant topic that supports:
- Well-being of patients or populations.
- Advances in nursing practice or professionalism.
- Improved health care processes.
- The study or project builds on existing knowledge.
- The applicant is a Registered Nurse with current license.
Application and review process
- Applicants complete the required materials and submit them as described below.
- The Zeta Research Committee will review complete applications only. The committee will determine whether the application meets accepted standards of research. The committee will make its recommendation for funding to the Zeta board.
- The Zeta board will make the final decision where to fund the study and determine the award amount.
- The Zeta board will notify the applicant of its decision.
- The treasurer will send the funds to the awardee or where the awardee designates.
Types of awards
- Research grants
Support for traditional nursing research with an emphasis on study design, scientific rigor, and the likelihood of achieving results that will inform nursing science.
- Evidence-based practice grants
Support for practice projects that demonstrate rigorous analysis of the literature, a strong proposal with suitable rationale or theory, and the likelihood of translating findings to clinical practice change.
- Travel grants
Support for continuing professional development opportunities with the potential to enrich practice knowledge and leadership development of chapter members and community partners.
Number of grants awarded annually
- Minimum of 2
Award funding amounts
- See specific grant for information of amounts available
- See specific grant for information; some grants have spring and fall deadlines for applications
- See specific grant for information; some grants have two dates per year for funding
Research projects that have received Zeta funding
The Researcher is required to submit a final report that includes an abstract, budget, and return any unused funds.