The Densford Center invites you to draw on the wisdom of these leaders as they discuss their landmark contributions and the dynamics that drove them. These online resources and interviews can be used to inspire and educate individuals in your organizations.
School of Nursing Professional Development
As a process, continuing professional development consists of learning activities that add to nurses’ foundational and experiential learning, along with increasing knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and competencies that augment effectiveness in the professional role.
Trends in Education
The University of Minnesota School of Nursing is a pioneer in its development of the Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree. With over 25 research projects underway, see examples of how new ideas can impact health care. The School of Nursing DNP website provides further generic description and program development, you may also refer to AACN's website.
The development of a graduate certificate program in Healthcare Design and Innovation will provide an interdisciplinary program that combines the principles of health care design with the application of innovative leadership to achieve optimal healing environments.
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) is an RWJF (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation) funded project with an overall goal to prepare future nurses with the knowledge, skills and attitudes they will need to continuously improve the quality and safety of the healthcare systems within which they work.
The Densford Center has a YouTube channel! Here you can find videos of influential Nurse Leaders and other resources, including:
- Library of Leaders: Patricia Benner, Marie Manthey, Claire Fagin, Vernice Ferguson, Angela Barron McBride, Margretta Madden Styles, Jeannine Rivet, Jos de Blok
- Wald Lectures
- 2012 Summit of Sages
- Densford Dialogues
- Educational Resources
- Values Inventory of Strengths Assessment from the VACI. See how your top values dove tail and support your leadership strengths.
- Hogan Assessments
- Self-Study and guided readings from George, Bill & Sims, Peter (2007). True North, John Wiley & Sons, NY and using the online resources to explore more of the True North concepts
- Exploration and application of the Competing Values Framework and its relationship to leading and influencing others.
- Values in Action Character Institute
- DirectedCreativity with Paul Plsek
- Future of Nursing Brief Report (PDF)
- Future of Nursing, Campaign for Action
- Center for Partnership Studies
- World Future Society
- Improving Diagnoses in Health Care
- International Council of Nurses
- Virginia Henderson Library
- The Primes
- Kaiser Health News
- RWJ Symposium
- Liberating Structures
- Appreciative Inquiry Commons
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara
- Physician Development program PULSE
- AIC Appreciation, Influence and Control