About the Program
University of Minnesota DNP graduates are known for positively influencing nursing practice and health care delivery.
The DNP program is for registered nurses who have an entry level degree in nursing such as a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or professional master’s entry-level nursing degree and are interested in significantly expanding their scope of responsibility and their impact.
Program Plans and Requirements
A list of specific courses DNP students would take for each specialty.
Length and Commitment
The post-baccalaureate DNP program is a three-year, full-time program. All DNP students are required to come to campus for a four-day session (Tuesday through Friday) each semester that includes: core courses, enhancement programming, specialty courses, and meetings with their advisor. Other requirements vary by specialty.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Overview
DNP Program Outcomes
- Provide quality, evidence-based and culturally sensitive advanced nursing care that improves the health and well-being of diverse individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Translate science to practice by planning, implementing, and evaluating interventions that improve the health of individuals, families, communities, populations, and/or organizations.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing interventions by measuring outcomes of care that reflect population health, patient experience, and value.
- Lead the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of new models of Interprofessional, team-based health care delivery and ensure a mechanism to disseminate and communicate changes.
- Integrate advanced nursing knowledge, ethics, and advocacy skills to strategically influence leadership in practice, health , policy, and decision-making at organizational, local, regional, national, and global levels.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Minnesota is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001; 202-877-6791.