Applicants to the Certificate in Health Care Design and Innovation must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a health-related field, interior design, architecture, or other design related areas required
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Demonstrate English language proficiency through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam, with a score of at least 550 (written) or 95 (IBT). You are exempt from taking the test if, within the past 24 months, you have completed 24 quarter credits or 16 semester credits transferable to the University of Minnesota in residence as a full-time student at a recognized institution of higher learning in the United States.
Applicants to the Certificate in Health Care Design and Innovation must provide the following materials:
- A personal statement describing professional qualifications and goals after completing the certificate program must be uploaded to the online application
- A current resume or curriculum vitae must be uploaded to the online application
- Two letters of recommendation (only for applicants who are NOT currently enrolled in the School of Nursing DNP program), with completed Admission Reference Forms, must be submitted online by the application deadline.
- Unofficial transcript(s) from every post-secondary institution you have attended, even those where you did not earn a degree, must be included in the submitted application. Official transcripts will be required upon admission. Applicants who have completed college-level courses outside the U.S. and Canada must have their international coursework evaluated. This can be accomplished by sending transcripts to a foreign credentials evaluation service. The evaluation report must then be sent to the Graduate School. If your international coursework was completed as part of a study abroad through a U.S. institution, only the U.S. transcript is required.
The following is a list of foreign credential evaluation services:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc
World Education Services, Inc.