This award honors a School of Nursing graduate for exceptional humanitarian service in a healthcare environment. Nominee must excel in at least two of the following:
- Nominee goes beyond the excellence expected of our U of MN nursing graduates through demonstrated leadership in: a) the assessment/alleviation of significant health care problem(s), b) development and/or implementation of an innovation in health care delivery or, c) leadership in inter-professional work that addresses a significant health problem.
- Performs extraordinary altruistic and humanitarian healthcare service.
- Changes/saves lives through holistic care efforts.
- Makes a meaningful difference in the world through sustained leadership in focusing nursing actions on societal health care concerns.
- Provides distinguished service that brings honor to the nursing profession, the School of Nursing and the University
Eligible individuals are graduates of the School of Nursing
Carol Pederson (posthumous)