How do I prepare for an appointment?
- OSCAS can help you no matter where you are in the process of preparing for a job or internship search. However, if you have not already reviewed our career resources, consider using them to review or draft your application materials before scheduling your appointment. This will help your appointment be as effective as possible.
- Please submit the materials you would like reviewed at least two business days before your appointment so your career coach can thoroughly review them (you can submit them via the form below or email them to the career coach with whom you are meeting).
How do I schedule an appointment?
MN, DNP, PhD Career Appointments contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens during my appointment?
On the day of your appointment, check in at the front desk of OSCAS (WDH 2-139). Be sure to let them know your name and with whom you are meeting. Please arrive at least 2-5 minutes before your scheduled time.
Phone or virtual appointments
On the day of your appointment, log into Zoom (specific link will be provided to you when appointment is scheduled), Google Hangouts, or wait for the career coach to call you at the phone number you provided.
- You can expect your appointment to last the full 30 minutes scheduled.
- During your appointment, the career coach and you will spend a couple minutes getting to know one another - understanding where you are at in the job/internship search process, your preferred employment location, etc. After that, the career coach will walk you through their feedback. During this time, feel free to take notes if they will help you.
- Always feel empowered to ask for clarification or more information at any point during your appointment. Additionally, if you have any specific questions, be sure to ask!
- At the end of your appointment you will get both copies of your resume and instructions for accessing the resources we referred to during your appointment.
What happens after my appointment?
- After your appointment you will receive an evaluation. Please take a moment to give honest and specific feedback. Your perspective helps us improve our services.
- Work on your materials. If an additional review session would be helpful, schedule another appointment. Alternatively, you may send your materials and receive electronic feedback.