Jane Anderson, DNP, APRN, ANP-BC, FNP-BC
DNP, George Washington University
MA, The College of St. Catherine
BA, The College of St. Catherine
AA, St. Mary's Jr. College
Licensures and Certifications
Jane Anderson, DNP, APRN, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing and the director of the M Health Nurse Practitioners Clinic in Minneapolis. Jane Anderson has been a pioneer in advancing the role of nurse practitioners (NPs), advancing the role of NPs and creating nurse-run clinics in an environment historically dominated by Medicine. She demonstrates mastery of social engagement and represents the nurse practitioner profession in her work with many different entities. She has developed collaborative relationships with M Health Fairview and several recovery programs while supporting students as a preceptor and DNP project adviser. Since the M Health Nurse Practitioners Clinic was created in April 2015, annual patient visits have more than doubled and continue to grow. Four additional satellite primary care clinics have been established. In 2018, Dr. Anderson received a Courage Award from the Women's Health Leadership Trust for her personal characteristics of a true trailblazer: strength, courage, perseverance and resilience in the face of uncertainty.
Honors and Recognition
- Teaching of Social Engagement Award, 2022
- Courageous Women in Health: The Women's Health Leadership Trust Courage Award,2018
- Academic Dean's List, The College of St. Catherine,1995
- Academic Dean's List, The College of St. Catherine,1994
- Academic Dean's List, The College of St. Catherine,1991
- Academic Dean's List, The College of St. Catherine,1990
- Academic Dean's List, The College of St. Catherine
- TCPI Governance Committee, 2017-2019
- University of Minnesota School of Nursing: Representative to MEDICC Cuba Exchange, 2019-2019
- Search Committee: Director of Faculty Practice, Partnerships and Development, 2018-2018
- Minnesota Holistic Nurses Association, 1990-1995
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- MHealth Ambulatory Quality Committee
- Medication Management Affinity Group (MMSAG) Steering Committee
- DocASAP Steering Committee
- MHealth Leadership Council
- UMP Primary Care Steering Committee
- University of Minnesota Physicians (UMP) All Ambulatory Dyad Committee
- MHealth Provider Wellbeing Committee
- Nurse Practitioner Clinics Executive Committee
- American Diabetes Association
- Minnesota Nurses Association, Advanced Practice Group
- Funk, K. A., Paffrath, A., Anderson, J. K., 2017. Pharmacist and Nurse Practitioner Collaboration in Nurse-managed Health Clinic. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 13 (6): 273-276. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2017.04.001
- Demorest, S. L., Potter, T. M., Anderson, J. K., Funk, K., Napral, M., Wagner, A., 2017. Building a Leadership Culture for Environmental Health in a Nurse-Led Clinic. Interdisciplinary Journal of Partnership, 4 (3):
- Funk, K. A., Paffrath, A., Anderson, J. K., 2016. Creating a Culture of Practice Excellence for Better Patient Care. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 13 (6): 273-276.
- Anderson, J. K., 2014. Health Coaching: A Partnership on the Journey to Well-Being. Integrative Nursing. Oxford University Press, 171-186.
- Anderson, J. K. "Closing the Loop: Teaching, Learning and Caring in a Nurse-led Clinic System", Faculty Practice Pre-Conference Meeting, American Association of Colleges of Nursing, January 16, 2019.
- Anderson, J. K., Karlen, E. "Call-Center Uses Evidence-based Algorithm and Provider Network to Improve Patient Access", Vizient Connections Summit, Las Vegas, Nevada, October 04, 2018.
- Anderson, J. K. "MHealth Nurse Practitioners Clinic System", Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative, October 02, 2018.
- Anderson, J. K., Funk, K. A. "Nurse Practitioner and Pharmacists Collaborating for Improved Care", Doctorate of Nursing Practice Annual Conference, Palm Springs, California, September 27, 2018.
- Anderson, J. K. "Appropriate Spine Care: A Team Based Approach", MHealth Quality Improvement Group, University of Minnesota, January 08, 2018.
- Anderson, J. K. "Nurse Practitioner and Pharmacist Collaboration in Primary Care", American Association of Nurse Practitioners Lunch N' Learn, September 01, 2017.
- Anderson, J. K. "Appropriate Spine Care: A Team Based Approach", Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative Conference, CMS, Baltimore, Maryland, June 08, 2017.
- Anderson, J. K., (Keynote/Plenary Speaker) "Team-Based Care: A Primary Care Perspective", Greater New York City Practice Transformation (PTN) Group, Department of Population Health, New York City, New York, April 26, 2017.
- Anderson, J. K. "Interprofessional Care and Education", January 01, 2017.
- Anderson, J. K. "Creating a Culture of Practice Excellence for Better Patient Experiences", Women Impacting Healthcare, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, November 11, 2016.
- Funk, K., Anderson, J. K., Clancy, T., Larson, T., Sorensen, T. "School of Nursing and College of Pharmacy Partnership in the Development of a Primary Care Clinic", American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, October 01, 2015.