This website is designed to:
- Introduce basic concepts of asthma management to parents of underserved children, preschool teachers and child care providers.
- Provide an easy-to-read format with answers to common asthma questions available in English, Hmong and Spanish, with audioclips.
- Provide web links for those wanting further, in-depth asthma management information.
Thank you to the people and organizations that have contributed to this project.
Funding for the development of this web site was provided by the National Institutes of Health/ National Institute of Nursing Research (Grant Number: 5 R03 NR008752-02) for the Web-based Asthma Education for Urban Head Start Program.
Web-based Asthma Education for Urban Head Start Program Partners
- Michelle Riesgraf, RN, PHN, Health Services Manager; and parents, teachers and staff at the Head Start Programs of the Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties
- Ann Garwick, PhD, RN, FAAN, John Belew, MS, RN and Ann Sieckert, MS, RN, CNP University of Minnesota, School of Nursing
Asthma Education Partners
- American Lung Association of Minnesota, Controlling Asthma in American Cities Project and Asthma Information Center
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Minnesota Department of Health Asthma Program
Ann Garwick, PhD, RN, FAAN
University of Minnesota School of Nursing