It is important to us that our program be a good fit for you. We look forward to working with you to answer questions about our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program and how it fits with the next steps of your career goals.
Do I meet the requirements?
- Have a minimum of 1 biological or physical science course completed at the time for an A-F grade. (Biological or physical science courses are defined as biology, chemistry, or anatomy & physiology I.)
- All prerequisite courses completed or in progress must be taken for an A-F grade (we do not accept pass/fail).
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- A minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Five (5) out of the six (6) prerequisites complete or in progress by the February 1 application deadline. All six (6) prerequisites must be complete prior to the start of the program.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better
- English proficiency score, if applicable.
What do I need for the application?
You will be asked to submit the following information with the application:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended sent to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Five (5) out of six (6) prerequisites complete or in progress
- English language proficiency, if applicable
What are the factors that are considered when my application is reviewed?
- Academic record: cumulative GPA, prerequisite GPA, rigor of courses, patterns and consistency in academic record.
- Career reasoning: Intentional and goal-oriented reasoning to choose a nursing career.
- Leadership and community involvement
- Prior or current research or research-related experience
- Contribution to the cultural, gender, age, economic, racial, or geographic diversity of the student body
- Commitment to serving diverse communities locally and/or globally through work, volunteer or study abroad programs.
- Military service
- Writing skills
- Professional or related experience
- Extenuating circumstances