The purpose of the study is to understand how community and social stressors affect your health (mental well-being and behavioral choices). Your responses will help us identify stressors that affect adolescent health and develop a culturally appropriate program to help other immigrant youth acquire effective coping skills.
You will be asked questions on how culture influences health behavior choices and your sense of well-being. All responses will be kept confidential.
Participants will receive a $20 gift card for completing the survey.
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You are a Somali youth between the ages of 13 – 18 years or
- The parent/guardian of a Somali youth age 13 - 18
- You do not plan to move to another state / country in the following year.
You will be asked to:
- Complete a one-time, 40 – 60 minute survey online or on paper.
- Participate in a focus group discussion for 60 minutes (Optional).
University of Minnesota School of Nursing
6-180 Weaver-Densford Hall
308 Harvard St. SE Minneapolis, MN 55455
Phone: (612) 624–9605
Phone: (612) 442-4219
Phone: (612) 400-9424