It is important to us that your program be a good fit for you. We look forward to working with you to answer questions about the PhD program at the School of Nursing and how it fits with the next steps of your career goals.
Do I meet the requirements?
- A baccalaureate or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- An exceptionally strong background in a major field of study such as nursing or the physical or behavioral sciences
- A match between your research interests and available faculty expertise
- A minimum degree GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) from the most recently obtained bachelor's, master's, or terminal degree at the time of application
- Due to VISA requirements, international students may not opt for the remote attendance option for courses and must relocate to Minnesota to attend in-person courses.
- If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate English language proficiency based upon the University of Minnesota Graduate School requirements
What do I need for the application?
A completed file consists of a completed Graduate School application. You will be asked to submit the following information:
- All post-secondary transcripts
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Professional references (two)
- English language proficiency, if applicable
- Nursing license, if applicable
How do I get more information about a potential match for my research interest?
Browse our brochure Research at the School of Nursing to learn about our faculty and their research interests. The school will match candidates with the appropriate faculty member.
Can I afford it?
What if I have more questions?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.